Business Analyst conduct market analyses, analysing both product lines and the overall profitability of the business. In addition, they develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met. Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits.
In addition to performing financial and operational modelling, a Business Analyst is expected to develop new models that underpin sound business decisions. A Business Analyst job description should recognise the streamlining and improving of internal and external reporting. The role should also call for a strong understanding of regulatory and reporting requirements as well as plenty of experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis combined with understanding of key performance indicators.
The end goal is to provide financial insights that help the decision-making process, and align capital and resource allocation within the business budget. The Business Analyst should also drive fresh initiatives for financial planning and business intelligence systems.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required and presents findings of studies to client committees
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Review a variety of areas including operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution and facilities
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
The ideal candidate must have proven experience in a similar role and be able to communicate effectively to technical audiences with varying levels of understanding enterprise software or blockchain solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Management, Business Studies and Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- A minimum of 5 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Reading and writing skills in English.
- A good understanding of the latest technology trends.
- Experience working with open-source projects and community activities
- Familiar with bitcoin-like and Ethereum-like blockchain, Tendermint, Polkadot
- SQL knowledge and experience
- Reading and writing skills in Mandarin
Managerial & Personal Attributes
- Good communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced, virtual, changing environment.
- Humble attitude and disciplined work ethic.
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Work Well Under Pressure.
Competitive salary with additional perks and relocation (if necessary) to Maxonrow’s IT office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Make a valuable contribution to the blockchain industry within a fast-growing, low-hierarchy, and innovation-oriented organization.
Professional development opportunities and a chance to learn from the best in the industry.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations to: