Date Engineer is someone who develops, constructs, test and maintains architectures, such as databases and large scale processing systems. Ensure architecture will support the requirements of the business and transforming data to a format which can be easily analyze.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Involved in open-source community projects and activities.Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience in a similar role and be able to communicate effectively to technical audiences with varying levels of understanding enterprise software or blockchain solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum 6 years related working experience
- Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- Familiar with cryptography (symmetric/asymmetric, hash, signatures)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Mongo and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with Ali cloud services.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Transactional System Experience (E-commerce, Payment, Banking, etc).
- Reading and writing skills in English.
- A good understanding of the latest technology trends.
- Experience working with open-source projects and community activities.
- Familiar with bitcoin-like and Ethereum-like blockchain, Tendermint, Polkadot
- Reading and writing skills in Mandarin
Managerial & Personal Attributes
- Good communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced, virtual, changing environment.
- Humble attitude and disciplined work ethic.
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Competitive salary with additional perks and relocation (if necessary) to Maxonrow’s IT office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Make a valuable contribution to the blockchain industry within a fast-growing, low-hierarchy, and innovation-oriented organization.
Professional development opportunities and a chance to learn from the best in the industry.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations to: