IT Project Manager the point person in charge of a specific project or projects within an organization. They plan, budget, monitor and report on the project with project management tools, sometimes pitching the idea of the project or being assigned to it once it’s already been approved. The project manager is the bridge between upper management and the teams tasked with the actual execution of the project. They make sure the scope of the project is sound, reporting regularly on the progress of the project and that it is staying on the approved schedule.
Anything that has a start and a finish, resulting in a product, is a project and requires the oversight and leadership of a project manager. That means that project managers work in virtually all fields, from tech and IT to human resources, from advertising and marketing to construction, and everything in-between.
- Create & manage project plans.
- Define project schedules, allocate resources and monitor progress.
- Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure project team is clear on objectives.
- Deliver and install technology solutions.
- Help project team with the design and development tasks.
- Lead process of issue identification and resolution.
- Manage risk tracking process.
- Monitor and manage scope.
- Manage all documentation.
- Work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Foster partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant field.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience in a similar role and be able to communicate effectively to technical audiences with varying levels of understanding enterprise software or blockchain solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; masters preferred.
- 10+ years experience in project management, especially larger projects with established firms.
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent.
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge.
- Analytical and strong organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability.
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to ProjectManager.com, JIRA, MS Excel, etc.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Expertise in conflict resolution.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management.
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
- Transactional System Experience (E-commerce, Payment, Banking, etc).
- Reading and writing skills in English.
- A good understanding of the latest technology trends.
- Experience working with open-source projects.
- Familiar with bitcoin-like and Ethereum-like blockchain, Tendermint, Polkadot.
- Reading and writing skills in Mandarin.
Managerial & Personal Attributes
- Good communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced, virtual, changing environment.
- Humble attitude and disciplined work ethic.
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Competitive salary with additional perks and relocation (if necessary) to Maxonrow’s IT office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Work with a truly fun and supportive international team across the world.
Make a valuable contribution to the blockchain industry within a fast-growing, low-hierarchy, and innovation-oriented organization.
Professional development opportunities and a chance to learn from the best in the industry.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations to: