QA Engineers are IT professionals who develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. They cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
Responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. Also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience in a similar role and be able to communicate effectively to technical audiences with varying levels of understanding enterprise software or blockchain solutions.
- Proven work experience in software development.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Transactional System Experience (E-commerce, Payment, Banking, etc).
- Reading and writing skills in English.
- A good understanding of the latest technology trends.
- Experience working with open-source projects.
- Familiar with bitcoin-like and Ethereum-like blockchain, Tendermint, Polkadot.
- Familiar with popular consensus mechanism (POW, POS, POA, etc) & P2P network.
- Reading and writing skills in Mandarin.
Managerial & Personal Attributes
- Good communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced, virtual, changing environment.
- Humble attitude and disciplined work ethic.
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Competitive salary with additional perks and relocation (if necessary) to Maxonrow’s IT office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Make a valuable contribution to the blockchain industry within a fast-growing, low-hierarchy, and innovation-oriented organization.
Professional development opportunities and a chance to learn from the best in the industry.