Software Development Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all activities related to writing software programs. He must be familiar with all the policies, procedures and technical issues related to software programming. The software development manager is the “go to” man when it comes to software developers. He is also in charge of managing the activities of the software developing team of a company or specific project.
- Develop, manage and prepare best software development team.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers.
- Sets attainable goals to team members in order for the project to be finished on time.
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software.
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management.
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of all projects.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
- Perform closely with Engineers, Developers and Product Management throughout organization to influence product development assisting or improving products.
- Develop relations with existing and prospective internal customers to interpret all individual requirements.
- Learn and display as how products would add value to respective business.
- Ensure top quality design reviews attaining business goals.
- Supervise resource allocation to assure attainment of apt business and personnel development goals.
- Involve in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business with leadership chain, team and with customers.
- Manage and execute software development projects from beginning to finish.
- Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules plus supervise project status.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members as well as hold regular team meetings.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience in a similar role and be able to communicate effectively to technical audiences with varying levels of understanding enterprise software or blockchain solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more (6+) years of experience in software development role, preferably within the e-commerce or shipping software industries.
- One or more (1+) years of experience managing software development teams in a fast paced, highly collaborative, Agile environment.
- Proven ability with leading a development team operating within an Agile software development environment.
- Proven ability with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Understanding of advanced object oriented design and SOLID design principles with strong design/architecture instincts.
- Thorough understanding of C#/.NET or comparable stack.
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational database systems (SQL Server and PostgreSQL), and ORM frameworks.
- Alibaba Cloud (Lambda, SQS, RDS, EC2).
- Messaging (SQS, MSMQ, RabbitMQ, etc.).
- Strong understanding with Domain Driven Design techniques.
- Ability with UML (class diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.) and other modeling techniques to communicate architecture and design concepts.
- Proven ability with establishing metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence.
- Pragmatic and iterative approach to building software.
- Strong people management skills with the ability of hire and grow talented engineers.
- Data driven with the ability to measure and quantify throughput and quality in a meaningful way.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication and team skills including the ability to work with people possessing a variety of skill sets.
- Familiarity with shipping and/or shipping software is a plus.
- Displays a high degree of professionalism and contributes to the credibility of the company.
- Can be productive and self-motivated in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Uses time efficiently, possesses a solid work ethic and customer-focus.
- Acts with a sense of urgency, especially where customer impact and/or delays to shipping exists.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge – we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes while continuing to produce high quality solutions for our customers.
- Windows Server, C#, C, XML, XSL, HTML, PHP, Node.js, AWS, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Familiar with bitcoin-like and Ethereum-like blockchain, Tendermint, Polkadot.
- Familiar with popular consensus mechanism (POW, POS, POA, etc) & P2P network.
- Reading and writing skills in Mandarin.
Managerial & Personal Attributes
- Good communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced, virtual, changing environment.
- Humble attitude and disciplined work ethic.
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Work Well Under Pressure.
Competitive salary with additional perks and relocation (if necessary) to Maxonrow’s IT office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Make a valuable contribution to the blockchain industry within a fast-growing, low-hierarchy, and innovation-oriented organization.
Professional development opportunities and a chance to learn from the best in the industry.